KE1: Team Leader & Institutional Capacity Building Expert (Cat I)Trademarks and Industrial Designs Office in Egypt
The overall objective is to strengthen the protection of trademarks and industrial designs in Egypt.
The specific objectives of this contract are:
- to strengthen the operational capacity of the Trademarks and Industrial Designs office by supporting its staff to improve their organisational and technical skills;
- to upgrade and enhance procedures and operational mode of the office through further automation systems and in particular e-fillling;
- to raise public awareness on the importance of the use of trademarks and industrial designs.
Expertise required :
Qualifications and Skills :
- At least Master’s Degree Academic level in a field related to one or more of the following disciplines: law, economics or a related field OR equivalent experience of at least 13 years in the relevant sector;
- A post-graduation in the field of the Intellectual property will be considered as an advantage.
General Professional Experience :
- At least 12 years’ experience of working with of for goverment institutions;
- Experience of working in Arab countries would be an advantage.
Specific Professional Experience :
- At least 12 years’ experience in capacity building of government organizations in the field of registration or enforcement of Trademarks and Industrial Designs or Intellectual Property Rights;
- Experience as a team leader gained in implementing international funded projects in at least 1 or preferably 2 projects in the field of Intellectual Property;
- Experience of designing and conducting training sessions for staff would be an advantage;
- Experience of working with EU development projects and/or projects to satisfy Association Agreement requirements would be an advantage.
The team leader is expected to spend at least 80% of his/her time input in the Beneficiary country.
Language skills :
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in English (C2).