KE2: Trademarks and Industrial Designs Legal Expert (Cat II)Trademarks and Industrial Designs Office in Egypt
The overall objective is to strengthen the protection of trademarks and industrial designs in Egypt.
The specific objectives of this contract are:
- to strengthen the operational capacity of the Trademarks and Industrial Designs office by supporting its staff to improve their organisational and technical skills;
- to upgrade and enhance procedures and operational mode of the office through further automation systems and in particular e-fillling;
- to raise public awareness on the importance of the use of trademarks and industrial designs.
Expertise required :
Qualifications and Skills :
- At least Master’s Degree Academic level in a field related to one or more of the following disciplines: law or a related field OR equivalent experience of at least 13 years in the relevant sector;
- A post-graduation in the field of the Intellectual property will be considered as an advantage (LLM, Doctorate or equivalent).
General Professional Experience :
- At least 12 years’ experience as Legal Practitioner or Attortney (without prejudice to any national denomination of equivalent positions under the rules of the legal profession) or equivalent;
- Experience in the field of trademarks and industrial designs would be an advantage;
- Legislative drafting skills, preferably in the context of transposing EU laws would be an advantage.
Specific Professional Experience :
- At least 6 years’ experience in the detection of Intellectual Property infringements and enforcement;
- Experience in anti-piracy would be an advantage;
- Experience in working on donor funded international projects on capacity building or legal approximation would be an advantage;
- Experience of providing training in the field of trademarks and industrial designs and enforcement would be an advantage.
The KE2 is expected to spend at least 80% of his/her time input in the Beneficiary country.
Language skills :
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in English (C2).