KE3: Legal Expert (Cat II)Mangrove Forest Reserves
The global objective of the assignment is to support climate change adaptation through an Integrated Coastal Zone Management approach and thereby protect the population in vulnerable, flood prone areas under sea level.
The specific objectives of this assignment are to:
1. Draft a Mangrove Forest Reserve Management Plan for two locations
2. Provide technical support to key stakeholder for the establishment of two mangrove reserves.
Expertise required :
Qualifications and skills :
- A relevant university degree to at least Master’s Degree in a related field or, in its absence, a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field together with equivalent professional experience of two years which must be above the general professional experience duration fixed below. A related field will be taken to include law or similar.
General professional experience :
- At least 6 years post-degree relevant professional experience in the sector(s) related to lot 1.
Specific professional experience :
- At least 5 years of specific experience in the justice sector ;
- Knowledge of the local context, as it relates to the central and local institutional arrangements in environmental conservation (e.g. Protected areas), would be considered an advantage.
Language skills :
- Proficiency in oral and written communications in English.