KE2: Quantity SurveyorProject: Technical Audit of the Infrastructure Interventions Implemented Through PROMAC
The overall objective of the project is to provide support to Jamaica in attaining Millennium Development Goals (MDG) 4 “Reducing Child Mortality” and 5 “Improving Maternal Health”.
The specific objective is to provide a factual report on the works/services carried out by the contractor(s) in charge of the works and the Government entity/Consultant in charge of the associated supervision, with regard to the organisational, technical, safety, contractual and financial aspects, during the implementation of the project.
Qualifications and skills
- Master Degree in Quantity Surveying (QS) from a recognised academic / professional institution, or, Qualification in Quantity Surveying (QS) from a recognised academic / professional institution supplemented by a general professional experience in a relevant work field of at least 3 years above the general professional experience fixed below.
- A specialisation in building construction is an advantage
- Membership of recognized professional bodies in Quantity Surveying is an advantage
General professional experience
A minimum of twelve (12) years of work experience in civil engineering construction
Specific professional experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in QS, contracts and claim management, of which at least 5 years shall be in building construction
- Experience working on the Works Contractor’s side is an advantage
- Experience in audit of construction contracts is an advantage
- Experience in developing countries is considered an advantage
- Experience in EDF conditions for works contract is considered an advantage
- Experience in infrastructure works and/or building projects in the healthcare or medical sector is considered an advantage
Fluency in English is mandatory. A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in an English-speaking environment is required if English is not the expert’s mother tongue.