Hydropower Expert (Cat II)Project title: Pre-feasibility Study for the Upgrading of Gogo Hydropower Plant, Migori County, Kenya
Department: Lot 2: Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs
Project Location(s): Kenya
Education: Master's Degree
Compensation: 40 wds
- The global objective of the assignment is to support the Kenya energy sector, in particular KenGen, and to contribute to climate change mitigation, increasing the renewable energy power generation in Kenya, diversifying the energy resources (vis-à-vis predominant geothermal energy) and meeting the peak load.
- The specific objective of the assignment is to carry out a Pre-feasibility Study for the Upgrading of Gogo Hydropower Plant in order to provide advice to KenGen on appropriate decisions and actions regarding the plant redevelopment.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master’s Degree academic level preferably in economics, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydrology, hydropower engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, environmental sciences and social sciences
Specific professional experience
- At least 6 years in the infrastructure sector
- Experience in hydropower projects
- Previous working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa will be considered as an advantage
- Fluent in the English language