KE1: Grants Expert (Cat I)Project title: Consultancy Services for Mapping and Maximising the Use of Existing International Funds at Regional and International Level
The Global objective of the assignment is to enable Mauritius to mobilise grants and technical assistance in priority sectors of the country.
The specific objective of the assignment is support the Government of Mauritius and in particular the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade in the following:
(a) Preparation of a comprehensive mapping of grants and technical assistance from donors (bilateral and multilateral) to which Mauritius is eligible, along with the respective eligibility criteria. This should include grants and technical assistance (TA) available at international level, such as but not restricted to the EU ESA Regional Indicative Program and EU Intra-ACP Fund as well as EU thematic instruments; multilateral organisations and other international financing institutions, excluding funding available under the Global Environment Facility (GEF), Green Climate Fund (GCF), Adaptation Fund (AF), Agence Française de Développement (AFD), and the Commonwealth Climate Finance Access Hub under the Commonwealth Secretariat, which are not to be covered under this assignment. Furthermore, the assignment shall not cover funds that have already been identified at the National and Regional levels.
(b) Training and Capacity Building to relevant Ministries and Institutions on
(i) the findings at (a);
(ii) the modalities and criteria for accessing those grants and TA; and
(iii) the preparation of at least 6 project concepts/proposals to access them.
(c) Formulation of at least 6 project concepts/proposals of viable projects and initiatives for which grants and TA with a total value of at least Euro 6 million identified under (a) above could be tapped, following consultations with the relevant stakeholders, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Regional Integration and International Trade and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development.
Category and duration of equivalent experience
- 12 years of experience with multilateral organisations and fund raising in development cooperation in the ACP area.
- At least a master’s degree in social sciences, economics, development cooperation, project management or a related field, or in its absence, 15 years of work experience in the related field following a university diploma.
- 10 years in capacity as fundraiser and proven track record in accessing funds (grants) and submission of successfully financed projects.
Specific Experience Criteria:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in project preparation funded by donors: the consultant should demonstrate that he or she has prepared and successfully tapped funding for at least 10 projects.
- A minimum of at least 10 years of experience in capacity building related to resource mobilisation and project preparation.
- The consultant should demonstrate that he or she has worked with at least 2 donor funded organisations, including the EU.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge in French would be desirable.