KE1/TL: Agriculture & Capacity Development Expert (Cat II)Project title: Provision of Advisory Services and Technical Assistance in Agriculture and Nutrition Sector in Myanmar
The global objective of the assignment is to support the implementation of the Agricultural Development Strategy (ADS) and to strengthen the capacity of the government of Myanmar in agriculture and nutrition sectors, with special emphasis on poor and vulnerable rural people and in due consideration to environment / climate change and gender sensitive principles, among others.
The specific objective of the assignment is to support the government of Myanmar for implementation of the ADS and related policies, such as the Myanmar Sustainable Development Plan (MSDP) and the MS-NPAN; as well as the EU Delegation for coordination, provision of inputs and support to the formulation of upcoming programmes and projects in agriculture and nutrition sector in the country.
Qualifications and skills
- At least Master’s Degree in agriculture, rural development, food and nutrition security or related fields; or, in its absence, equivalent professional experience of at least 7 years in any of these fields.
General professional experience
- At least 6 years of proven experience in the implementation of development cooperation programmes related to agriculture, rural development, food and nutrition security or related fields.
Specific professional experience
- At least 4 years of proven experience implementing programmes in support to institutional policy and capacity development, desirably to ministries of agriculture and rural development, of which at least 2 year as a Team Leader.
- Proven experience in Myanmar or in other South East Asian countries will be an asset.
- Proven quality reporting skills.
- Fluency in oral/written English language.