KE1: Team Leader – Civil EngineerProject: Technical Audit of the Infrastructure Interventions Implemented Through PROMAC
The overall objective of the project is to provide support to Jamaica in attaining Millennium Development Goals (MDG) 4 “Reducing Child Mortality” and 5 “Improving Maternal Health”.
The specific objective is to provide a factual report on the works/services carried out by the contractor(s) in charge of the works and the Government entity/Consultant in charge of the associated supervision, with regard to the organisational, technical, safety, contractual and financial aspects, during the implementation of the project.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Civil Engineering (completed at least at Master level, e.g. M.Sc., M. Eng, Dipl.Ing. or equivalent)
- A specialisation in building construction is an advantage
- Membership of recognized professional bodies in Civil Engineering is an advantage
General professional experience
A minimum of twelve (12) years of work experience in civil engineering construction
Specific professional experience
A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in building construction contracts in the capacity of either Resident Engineer (Supervisor’s Representative) or Site Agent (Works contractor’s Representative)
- Experience working on the Contractor’s side is considered an advantage
- Experience in audit of construction contracts is considered an advantage
- Experience in developing countries is considered an advantage
- Experience in EDF conditions for works contract is an advantage
- Experience in infrastructure works and/or building projects in the healthcare or medical sector is considered an advantage.
Fluency in English is mandatory. A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in an English-speaking environment is required if English is not the expert’s mother tongue.