KE1/TL: Design Expert (Cat I)Project title: Technical Assistance to the EU Delegation to Turkey for ESOP Tender Evaluation, Monitoring and Appraisal
The global objective of this contract is to ensure proper and timely implementation of the operations covered under the Sector Operational Programme: Environment andn Climate Action (ESOP).
The specific objectives are the following:
- To ensure tender procedures’ compliance with PRAG tendering procedures and FIDIC contract conditions and other established rules of the Decentralised Implementation System in Turkey as well as their technical soundness;
- To support the EUD to Turkey in monitoring of the projects under implementation;
- To support the EUD in appraisal of the projects to be submitted for financing.
Qualifications and skills
- In addition to a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (environmental, civil, mechanical or electrical), Economy or similar, the candidate should hold an Academic level Master’s Degree on a relevant field;
- In the absence of a Master’s Degree, the candidate should demonstrate at least 15 years of equivalent professional experience in environment or climate or natural resources or energy sector.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of general professional experience in environment or climate or natural resources or energy sector.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience in design and/or implementation of at least one of the following fields: wastewater treatment plants (preferably nutrient removal plants), sewer and drinking water network and/or solid waste projects (landfill and other facilitites).
- The candidate should be fluent in English.
Combined team expertise
- Design and implementation of wastewater treatment plants, sewer and drinking water networks;
- Design and implementation of solid waste projects (landfill and other facilities);
- Structural design (preferably in water structures);
- Legal advisory in Works contractual matters;
- Experience in environmental infrastructure construction at site;
- Cost-benefit analysis in the field of environmental infrastructure;
- Experience in contract implementation of environmental infrastructure projects will be an asset;
- Experience in tender evaluation of works and supply contracts will be an asset.