KE1: Institutional Development and Capacity Building Expert (Cat I)Technical assistance to further determine the institutional component of the "EU support programme to agriculture and small farm development in Ukraine"
To contribute to a more inclusive and competitive growth-orientated agricultural sector, respectful of the environment, and thereby fight against impoverishment and depopulation of Ukrainian rural areas.
To support the EU Delegation to Ukraine in further developing its envisaged support to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food as per the terms of the support programme to agriculture and small farm development and notably finalise terms of reference for the envisaged service contract, as well as clear distribution of tasks between the Technical Assistance and the FAO.
Expertise required :
Qualifications and skills :
- Master’s Degree in agriculture, agriculture and rural development, agriculture policy or economics or relevant subject, or at leat 8 years of professional experience in theses areas on top of the minimum years requested under General Professional Experience ;
- Postgraduate qualification in institutional development is considered as an asset.
General professional experience :
- He/she should prove between 12 and 18 years of professional experience in agriculture, agriculture and rural development, agriculture policy or economics or relevant subject.
Specific professional experience :
- He/she should prove between 6 and 12 years of professional experience in the area of defining and implementing policy, legislation and institutional reform and/or sector support programmes in the area of agriculture, food and/or rural development ;
- Proven leadership and people management skills as demonstrated through the participation as at least two assignments (of minimum one year each) as Team Leader or Deputy Team Leader or equivalent team management position ;
- Experience in ministerial institutional reform, public finance management and/or legal approximation in transition countries is considered as an asset ;
- Experience in EU pre-accession or candidate countries and/or countries covered by ENI, ENPI, IPA and PHARE Regulations, working on institutional, policy and regulatory reform is considered as an asset ;
- Previous experience in the design of EU-funded projects or development of service terms of reference is considered as an asset.
Language skills :
- Fluent in both written and spoken English ;
- Working knowledge of Russian and or/ Ukrainian language is considered as an asset.