Carlos CalcopietroSector Expert | Trade and Regional Integration
- Trade and Private Sector Development
- Regional integration
- Institutional and Economic Analysis
- MA International Affairs, American University Washington, USA
- Dottore in Scienze Politiche, Universitá Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy
- Licenciado en Economía (MA), Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Argentina
Mr Calcopietro has more than 20 years of experience in the areas of trade, private sector development and investment related projects/programmes in developing countries and transition economies. He is experienced in the identification of economic indicators and the collection of data to measure economic contribution, in monitoring of economic trends and development and management of mechanisms to capture economic data; in depth knowledge of the trade-related technical assistance needs, the regional and bilateral trade agreements of developing countries, especially ACP and Latin American countries. In addition, Mr Calcopietro is very familiar with all stages of the project cycle (project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, evaluations). He has a strong track record of conducting evaluation with more than 20 major evaluations carried out to date and is therefore very familiar with the OECD-DAC evaluation approach and EU methodology for project and programme evaluations.