Climathon Global Awards
EIT Climate-KIC has organised every year since 2015 the Climathon, a flagship Hackathon taking place across the globe giving cities and their citizens the opportunity to co-create local ideas to shared climate challenges. Since 2015, hundreds of cities and thousands of participants across all 6 continents have developed ideas, learnings and long-lasting connections to advance on solutions for local climate challenges. After every Climathon, EIT Climate-KIC rewards selected ideas during the Climathon Global Awards. EIT Climate-KIC requested Luvent Consulting’s support for the organisation of this ceremony, which took place online on 21.01.2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Climathon Awards is the annual global celebration of all the achievements from the hundreds of Climathon local organisers, thousands of Climathon participants and the visionary Climathon partners. The objectives of the Climathon Awards are to:
- Showcase inspiring ideas, learning outcomes and long-lasting connections from the global Climathon community that inspires the continued growth of the Climathon programme in 2021 and beyond;
- Promote examples of citizen led climate action that resulted from Climathon that increases the value of Climathon to future funders;
- Harness the many great ideas from Climathon and sharing them on Climathon’s online platforms (the website and social media channels) to encourage open ideation and connection between citizens globally.
The Awards were streamed from a studio based in Zurich, with the support of the EIT Climate-KIC team and professional MCs. There were +5.000 audience members in the virtual event.
Luvent supported EIT Climate-KIC in the project management of the event preparation:
- Online event strategy: Advising the EIT Climate-KIC team on how to transform the physical event into a virtual one: it was decided that prior to the event, an online voting campaign would be led across social media to select ideas represented at the Awards and create traction around EIT Climate-KIC, the Climathon and the final Awards;
- Drafting the work plan and to-do lists;
- Setting-up communication and collaboration tools for the project management;
- Drafting the event agenda and content material;
- Preparing the online voting campaign leading to the event, including questionnaires design, publishing and follow-up;
- Supervising the logistics with all the participating stakeholders;
- Final Evaluation Report: Drafting a final report at the end of the project.